How to sign up for our courses
Students are accepted in the order of registration. When signing up for a class, you will be immediately informed if there is room for you in the course or not. Signing up for a class is binding. You may however cancel your registration up working days before the class starts. If you do not cancel your registration on time, a cancellation fee will be charged. If you do not cancel at all and do not attend the class the whole amount of the class fee will be charged. Please note that you always have to register in advance. If there is not enough participants in a class it will be cancelled and registered participants will be informed by a text message. Please note that you cannot attend a class without prior registration.
You can enroll by telephone (06 438 4531) or by visiting our office in Kauppakatu 23, Lapua. Enrollment dates and course information you can find in our programme (e.g. in the city library).
You can also enroll in our classes through our website under the following link: https://www.opistopalvelut.fi/lapua/index.asp (only in Finnish and Swedish). On the left side you can click on ”Kurssit” (courses). Then you can search for interesting classes according to topic area (e.g. art, sports, music etc.). Click on the respective topic area and then you can choose the subject (”aine”). If you for example would like to enroll in a Finnish language class you can click on ”Kielet”, then click on ”3 Suomi” for Finnish. Then all Finnish classes are displayed on the screen:
If you then click on ”Lisätietoa” you can read the course description. In the course description you find all necessary information (registration time, class time and course fee). You can then register by clicking on ”Ilmoittaudu”.
You are automatically redirected to the shopping cart (”ostoskori”) where you can fill in your personal details. Please choose as following:
- ”Valitse kotikunta tai osasto”: Here you choose your home municipality, e.g. Lapua, Kauhava etc.
- ”Henkilötunnus”: This is your personal identification code which you have received from the magistrate when registering as a permanent resident in Finland.
- ”Puhuttelunimi”: Please enter your given name.
- ”Sukunimi”: Please enter your family name.
- ”Lähiosoite”: Please enter street address and house number.
- ”Postinumero ja Postitoimipaikka”: Please enter your postal code and the city.
- ”Sähköpostiosoite”: Please enter your email address.
- ”Matkapuhelin”: Please enter your mobile phone number.
- ”Koulutustausta”: Please enter your education level:
- ”1: Perusaste”: Basic education (e.g. primary school, lower secundary education)
- ”2: Toinen aste”: Secondary education (e.g. higher secondary or vocational studies)
- ”3: Korkea aste”: Higher education (e.g. university or university of applied sciences)
- ”4: Ei tiedossa”: Not known or for young children
- ”Pääasiallinen toiminta”: Your current occupation:
- ”1: Työllinen”: Employed or self-employed.
- ”2: Työtön”: Unemployed
- ”3: Opiskelija/koululainen”: Student or pupil
- ”4: Eläkeläinen”: Retired
- ”5: Muut”: Other, e.g. stay-at-home mum or dad, under-school-age chidlren, military or community service
- ”Valitse äidinkieli”: Please choose your mother tongue from the drop-down.
- You can choose if you want to receive updates from the Adult Education Centre via e-mail or not by clicking either on ”ei saa lähettää” for no information or ”saa lähettää” for information.
- Last but not least you have to confirm that you have read the terms and conditions and click on ”Lähetä ilmoittautuminen” to send your course registration.